1 one rule this is not a diet its a life style and a treat once in a while is OK!

Monday, October 19, 2009

The other half in moab!











This was my first half marathon! I say that as if I know for sure there will be more to come. I trained hard and worked hard and I did it! It was amazing. The course was extremely hard with miles of steep hills. But my goal was to not walk up any of those hills! AND I DID IT! There were times I had to talk to myself to keep my legs going. I am glad I kept going! I have experienced some hurtles to get to run this race so it seemed even that much more important to run it! I got tendinitis in my ankle and knee a week before and had to have my first run back besides a quick ten min on in the physical therapist office the MARATHON! I also have had runners trot during all my long runs so I was extremely scared of what was to come. I was so nervous and excited the night before and even the day of I had the worst butterflies waiting to go to the starting line. I remember the thought process well. I remember thinking am I sure I'm ready for this? Am I sure I can run this? I was terrified and then the race began and I was feeling good staying on pace and enjoying some very small hills think oh I could run like this forever. Then mile 7 came and the hills got steep and very long! I watched people fall back and start to walk! I thought oh I could just walk it would be OK but I struggled with the thought and decided no I WILL RUN THESE HILLS! I looked down to my feet on every hill not to be intimidated by the length of them. I also DID GET THE RUNNERS TROT by mile 8 and had to stop at every porta potty they had until the end! But I didn't quit running! My time was 2 hr 20 min 31 sec. I think I would have been faster if the trots hadn't made me stop! but still over all a great experience!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you posted these pics. You are an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my next life I will be as dedicated as you. You deserve all the fluffy feelings you have. You have earned it sista!

    ReplyDelete