1 one rule this is not a diet its a life style and a treat once in a while is OK!

Friday, July 17, 2009

"But it dosent matter."


As you know it is hard to succeed at something if you have a negative attitude about it. You have to train your mind to see the positive in life so that you can see the positive in working out and choosing healthy food. This is a hard task to do because it is human nature to see the negative first. In the book the non runners marathon trainer it gave me some small tools to help me focus on the positive. My favorite its "But it doesn't matter." Try saying this after every negative thought and eventually you will start to see the brighter side in life. For instance, when you get up to go for your run or whatever and you feel that negative thought creep in,"I'm to tired." or "My legs are sore." "It's too early." Try adding But it doesn't matter to the end of those sentences. Then you will push through and do the work out any way and you will feel good about it after. You can use this in all aspects in life and you will see the positive person emerge. For instance ," I never really had a dad,(BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER).", "I have failed at other diets (BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER)." I don't have enough time (BUT IT DOESN"T MATTER). Also another trick I have found to push through the body aches when working out is to acknowledge the pain and move forward. I have bad knees and have had surgery on my left one and often I get pain in them when I'm running. Well after reading up on the type of pain I have it looks like I have runners knee so I do what is recommended and still run on it. The minute I feel the pain in my knees or one of them I say," There you are pain welcome come run with me." I know sounds silly but mentally it lessens my pain and sometimes it even goes away.

1 comment:

  1. Lets see, my list would include this: I feel sluggish, "does it matter?" And the answer would be, you will feel better when you are done.

    ReplyDelete