1 one rule this is not a diet its a life style and a treat once in a while is OK!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Vacation!


So when trying to lose weight and also live life we often go into panic mode when you think of vacations and what will you eat. You don't want to lock your self up in your house only eating meals you have prepared. I have experienced some amazing vacations in the last year and I can tell you that their will probably be gains but there are a few things to keep in mind. You don't want to just throw the towel in and say oh I'm on vacation. I mean you can, but if you do you might have a significant gain. When I went to Mexico I did that and came back with a ten pound gain! I got back on track immediately and it took about a month to get off. So first off try to keep track of what you are eating and make healthier choices. Allow your self some of the food you want while on vacation and know you chose that and DO NOT FEEL GUILTY! I did things a little different when I recently went on vacation to Las Vegas. I knew I was going to be in a car for a good portion of the day snacking and then eat out. So I got up at 6 am and got a run in. Then I picked some healthy snacks for the ride and tried to keep track of my calories when we went through the drive threw. Then that night I ate at the buffet and tried to pick things I really wanted to eat by walking threw it first. I even enjoyed desert. The next day I hit the gym. I got in a small work out nothing to big and enjoyed the food I ate that day. I indulged and tried not to over do it to bad. I came home and I didn't gain! I fully was allowing myself a 2 pound gain but by some small planning I didn't gain. So enjoy your vacations and just do some planning.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed by the fact that you didn't gain weight, and that you got up early to start things right. Wow. You really are so cool.

    ReplyDelete