1 one rule this is not a diet its a life style and a treat once in a while is OK!

Friday, August 7, 2009

shepards pie

1 pound lean ground turkey
1 med onion diced
1 small package frozen pea's and carrots
1 can turkey gravy
3 tbl worchesier sauce
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 cups mashed potatoes ( mashed with sour cream and fat free milk) (add oregano to potatoes)
1 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese

Saute turkey and onions. Add worchesier sauce saute 2 min. Add carrots and peas and seasoning. Heat until carrots and peas are warm. Add gravy and coat meat and veggies evenly. Transfer meat to baking dish. Cover meat with mashed potatoes using a spatula. Top with cheese. Then Broil on low for 5 min until cheese is melted.

This serves 8 and is 7 points each serving. This is a recipe I made up. There are a lot of shepard pie recipes out there I just tried to make one low in fatand with veggies my family likes. So enjoy! I wrote down the calories a while ago to figure out the points but I need to do it again so I can post the exact calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment