1 one rule this is not a diet its a life style and a treat once in a while is OK!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Affermations


This may sound silly but honestly has helped me with traing my thoughts and thinking positive. If you listen to your minds inner dialog what is it saying? Are you constantly beating your self up? Maybe not even about weight loss maybe its about your parenting or your job. Stop and really listen to the things you say to your self. Now ask your self would you say these things to some one you loved? Would you tell them they are fat and ugly or are terrible parents or why would you eat that. Would you call them stupid. Would you tell them they were failures for having fries instead of a side salad? Most likely no you wouldn't. If your loved one was on a diet and slipped up you would immediately say its OK and start again keep going. so why is it that we tell ourselves these horrible things? We need to love ourselves. This part I feel has been probably the hardest part of my weight loss journey. Its human nature to turn towards the negative . So you have to make a conscious decision to change your minds eye of yourself. This is much easier said than done, but it can be done and after awhile it gets easier. So about a year ago I wrote on strips of papers what I wanted to be or how I wanted to view my self and i posted them on my bathroom mirror. They say stuff like, " You have a strong healthy body", "You can do it," " You are beautiful," " You are ready for today's work out," " one day at a time," " You feel great." Those are just some of them. I have some inspiring quotes as well. While this maybe cheesy to you it can do wonders on the way you view yourself. Then start to recognize when you are self bashing and quickly start the positive self talk. When I started running I noticed all my negative thoughts. I would run and immediately start to think this is hard and I'm in pain and I cant do this. That's when i really recognized it so I started talking back in my head. I would say I am strong. I can do this. I can run all day. Those thoughts made me keep running where as before i would give up because I was telling my self you can't. Again would you tell your child when they are doing something challenging they can't? No, you say you can your awesome. So start treating yourself the same way you treat the others you love. Because YOU CAN YOU ARE AWESOME!

2 comments:

  1. Celeste it's Brenna. I found you through Kobi. Your blog is so inspiring and you look amazing. I'm so proud of you and very impressed with your hard work. Email me and I will send you an invite to my blog. I hope to hear from you soon. Take care. brennalapray@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! I need to do this more. Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete