1 one rule this is not a diet its a life style and a treat once in a while is OK!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So you want to be a runner?

My whole life I have never really enjoyed running but I have always wanted to be good at it. It seems so empowering! So Healthy! I wanted to be a runner. I ran alot while I was dating in college. Then I got engaged and all I wanted to do was be with him so there was no time for running lol. My wonderful fiance would bring me great meals like Wendy's and McDonald's everyday! Take me out to eat to Outback and have those famous Cheese fries with bacon dipped in ranch mmmm lol, but what he didn't know was that he would never gain a pound and I would gain some for him and me. What a sweety he was taking care of me making sure I ate. In fact in college my daily routine was a root beer for breakfast and a bake potato for lunch with BBQ sauce or ranch and I depended on going out on dates for dinner. It worked pretty well. Needless to say there were a lot of guys getting led on while i was just depending on them for a meal. I know very mean but I was young and stupid and I didn't want to waste my money of food. I had plenty of other things to spend it on like clothes! So I quit running and didn't really start running again until now. I walked off and on and did exercise videos but I was not a runner.
I started running at the gym of and on walking and running. I felt like I was probably going to keel over and die. In fact I would stop myself thinking my heart would literally explode if I kept running. I have a goal I want to run one marathon in my life. My sister Rachel let me in on this book that helped me and now I can run. I am a runner! So here's what you do if you to want to become a runner!

week one: walk at a moderate pace (17 -20 min/ mile) for 30 min 3 times a week
week two: walk at moderate pace (17-20 min/ mile) for 30 min 4 times a week
week three: Fast walking pace (13 - 16 min/ mile) for 30 min 3 times a week
week four: fast waling pace (13- 16 min/ mile) for 45 min 4 times a week
week five: Jog for 5 min and then walk 5 min at fast pace. repeat 2times 3 days
a week total time 30 min.
week six: Jog for 10 min and then walk 5 min fast pace. repeat once. 3days a
week. total time 30 min.
week seven: Jog for 15 min and then walk at a fast pace 5 min. repeat once. 4 days
a week. total time 40 min.
week eight: Jog 20 min then walk at fast pace 5 min. repeat once. 4 days a week.
total time 50 min.
week nine: Jog 25 min and walk at a fast pace 5 min. 4 days a week total time 30 min
week ten: Jog 30 min. 4 days a week total time 30 min.

Now you are moving and you can work on your pace! This is what helped me. This information was courtesy of the non runners marathon trainer. Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment